Western Thai Restaurant in lovely setting on the outskirts of Chiang Mai
Listing No. 066-10-13-001
• Business: Restaurant
• Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
• Features: This garden restaurant is a partnership between an expat German and his Thai wife, both now looking to retire. They rented the original building with associated land for a very long 15 years with 10 years left to run under a very favorable contract. This building is now their extensive food preparation and storage area and they built a lovely dining deck and bar with a perspex sun-roof in front of this. This is al-fresco with large green spaces adjacent. While on the corner of a major intersection, they are set back from the road by further green spaces and the gravel car-park. The deck and awning belong to them and will be transferred to the new owner under the sale agreement.
As the area is on the outskirts of Chiang Mai, it serves mainly a local clientele, both expat and Thai. The expats are mostly older retired folk, a mixture of Europeans, but with a larger German following as the owner is Germany. As well as Western and German food, they also sell locally made European breads and German meats and sausages directly. It is a very pleasant environment for relaxing so they often host weekend groups who meet there all afternoon to eat, drink and socialize. This could be extensively built upon with more and better outreach to the various local expat groups. They also do not open on Mondays, for breakfast, nor have sought out local company groups. The owner is happy to help with all local knowledge and connections during the transition period.
The staff include their very good chef, who has been trained in both Western and Thai cuisines, but this opportunity may suit an operator who wishes to add to the menu with their own traditions and favorites. This will suit an operator and their family that is looking for a lovely setting in a busy, small town, 20 minutes from Chiang Mai and offering a very pleasant lifestyle business.
• Tenure: Business Sale and Rent (Leasehold Premises). 10 years with option to renew (Rolling Lease)
• Asking Price: THB 1,600,000
• More Information: Please contact us for more information (we require your name, phone number and e-mail address)
Video courtesy of KDPW
62 total views, 2 today