Houston, Selby Jennings
My client is a leading top three bulge bracket Investment Bank looking to hire an associate to support its investment banking efforts in the energy and M&A team of its Houston office. Previous experience in M&A/energy IBD and bulge bracket experience, as well as a competitive academic record (MBA), is desired. Individuals applying from elite boutiques and middle market banks are also encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will be working in or have only recently left the energy industry in Texas.
- Perform financial analysis and valuation, including DCF, comparable transitions, and comparable companies
- Prepare client presentations and transaction execution materials including confidential information memoranda, management presentations and credit committee and sales force memoranda.
- Conduct and model a broad range of corporate finance alternatives and due diligence for client transactions including M&A, strategic alternatives, capital structure development, acquisition finance and syndicated loan and capital market financing for the energy industry
- Build detailed and flexible financial models to perform discounted cash flow, sum-of-the-parts, leveraged buyout, and accretion/dilution analysis for use in transactions
- Prepare pitchbooks for client presentations for transactions and deals within the energy and M&A teams
- Play an active role in supporting the Head of Energy and M&A in their relationship management responsibilities with direct client interaction
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials including M&A, syndicated bank financing, public/private debt & equity capital markets, and other internal documentation by coordinating internal and external resources
- Provide value added financial guidance in support of deal advancement and deal target identification mechanism, by way of research and financial analysis.
- Assist in financing structuring, underwriting transaction evaluation, preparation, due diligence and execution for the Energy arena
- Develop and present to senior management financial metrics pertaining to acquisitions including deal economics, Net Present Value/ Internal Rate of Return and accretion/ dilution analyses.
- Have previous experience in investment banking and M&A
- Experience working in energy in Houston is required
- Strong financial modelling skills and Valuation techniques and a good quantitative background
- Knowledge of corporate finance, securities, financial markets and risk & pricing analysis
- Experience coordinating product experts and creating Corporate Finance pitches for clients, including capital markets financing, risk management, capital structure, etc
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Series 79 & 63 desired but not required
- Enthusiastic, willingness to learn and adapt, motivated and a desire to succeed
- Strong academic record from a top tier school
- Previous experience in M&A deals and energy
- Work well in a team environment and have a proven track record in M&A and energy
If you meet the requirements and are either currently looking or open to considering a move within investment banking then apply now. All applications are confidential.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work in a diverse and active environment, in a team that will allow clear career progression. The firm is a top tier investment bank and offers extremely competitive compensation for the right applicants. To apply please apply direct or call the origination team on +1 212 209 7310. Please submit your application as a Word .doc