London, Michael Page
Exciting new opportunity within a renowned Retail Banking institution in the London area, looking a Policy Accountant AVP level
The role is within the Group Accounting Policy team. The team is responsible for the provision of support to the Group on technical accounting matters. Specifically it covers two broad areas:
Transactions and Technical Support
– Leads the technical analysis for complex transactions that are referred to Group Finance.
– Partners with divisional teams to keep abreast of developments that require technical support.
– Responsible for ensuring that financial statements and News Release are updated for changes in accounting requirements and best practice developments.
– Supports Group Corporate Treasury and Group Corporate Development with the financial disclosure and accounting aspects of debt issuances, liability management exercises and corporate transactions.
– Ensures compliance with SEC reporting requirements, including responses to comment letters.
Accounting Policy Development
– Monitors accounting developments, assesses their impact on the Group and communicates across the Finance community.
– Maintains the Group’s accounting policies and Group accounting practices manual.
– Delivers an ongoing programme of technical training across the Finance Community.
– Keeps the Finance Community aware of developments via, for example, technical newsletters.